I love making lists and taking notes, and a list of all the things I want to do in life is something that excites me massively. A Bucket list is just that…a set of goals and targets and aspirations for life, big or small.
Mine’s pretty extensive, and some of the things on the list may or may not be feasible. But a girl can always dream, right?
1. Ride on the Trans Siberian Railway from Moscow to Beijing.
2. InterRail around Europe.
3. Spend a year living in another country.
4. Skydive. [DONE: March 2012]
5. Go Hang-Gliding.
6. Visit 30 countries before I’m 30.
7. See Robbie Williams live in concert (I love him). [DONE: November 2012]
8. Run the London marathon for Teenage Cancer Trust.
9. Build a boat and learn to sail.
10. Road trip down Highway 1 in California. [DONE: September 2015]
11. Re-trace Chris McCandless’ (aka Alexander Supertramp) travels (but don’t die, obviously!)
12. Learn to Surf. Properly. [DONE: October 2015]
13. Drive across the USA from East coast to West coast on Route 66.
14. Get a photograph published in a well-known magazine.
15. Send a secret to PostSecret and have it shown on the website.
16. Get a tattoo. [DONE: December 2011]
17. Learn another language.
18. Build a house.
19. Get really good at snowboarding. [DONE: May 2013]
20. Learn to Scuba dive (and stop being so scared of the sea in the process). [DONE: March 2012]
21. Give Blood. [DONE: February 2010]
22. Leave home and don’t return until I’ve been to all the countries I want to visit.
23. Have kids.
24. See the Northern Lights. [DONE: October 2005]
25. Hold or pet a monkey/lion/tiger. [DONE: November 2011]
26. Visit Angkor Wat in Siem Reap, Cambodia at sunrise. [DONE: December 2011]
27. Own a dog. A Golden Shepherd to be exact.
28. Visit South Africa. Explore everything it has to offer. Especially Cape Town.
29. Survive for at least 6 months without access to my laptop (for those of you who know me, this is a real challenge). [DONE: May 2012]
30. Graduate from Uni with at least a 2:1. [DONE: June 2011…I got a 1st!]
31. Walk the Great Wall of China.
32. Design or invent something for Apple.
33. Visit the Grand Canyon.
34. Pass my driving test. [DONE: May 2010]
35. Play with an Elephant. Even better if it’s a baby elephant.
36. Go to Glastonbury Festival. [DONE: June 2010]
37. See dolphins up close. [DONE: December 2011]
38. Dive/snorkel in the Great Barrier Reef. [DONE: February 2012]
39. Get my written work properly published. [DONE: October 2012]
40. Make this blog successful so it can sustain my travels.
41. Get a career that I love.
42. Set foot on each of the seven continents.
43. Road Trip Central and South America – from Mexico to Chile and everywhere in between.
44. Spend a month saying ‘Yes’ to everything.
45. Try sand-boarding.
46. Visit Iguazu Falls.
47. Go to Machu Piccu.
48. Swim in the Blue Lagoon in Iceland. [DONE: October 2005]
49. Buy and own a car. [DONE: September 2010]
50. Watch a beautiful sunrise just for the sake of it.
51. Get my solo skydiving certification
52. Complete a scuba diving PADI qualification
53. Do a trip through Africa, visiting countries such as Kenya, Tanzania, Uganda and Rwanda. Go on Safari, see things I’ve never even dreamed of.
54. Get my 5th year watch at Camp Sloane. [DONE: July 2015]
55. Write a book. And have it published.