I’ve been on the road for just under two weeks now, and I’ve already learnt so much about myself and how I adapt to this traveling lifestyle…these are just some of the many many things I’ve realised in this short space of time:
1. When someone tells you a journey will take 9 hours, it will actually take 11.
2. Always carry toilet roll with you…you never know when it might come in handy.
3. You can eat Pad Thai for almost any meal (or every meal!).
4. Hostels always look nicer in their online pictures than they actually are in real life.
5. Sometimes, changing your plans at the last minute and going in completely the opposite direction to what you had planned can turn out to be the best idea ever!