We spent about a week island hopping, visiting Koh Samui and Koh Phi Phi. This week was probably one of my favorites on the whole trip…just lounging around in the sun, swimming in the sea, and just generally having an awesome time. Here’s my top ten things to do on the islands (that I visited)…
1. Eat at Sydney Steak House in Chaweng Centre on Koh Samui.
2. Stay at the Z Hotel on Koh Samui.
3. Stay at the Andaman Beach Resort on Koh Phi Phi.
4. Take a guided tour on the yellow ‘Original P.P. Sunset’ boat around Koh Phi Phi, visiting such places as Monkey Island and Phi Ley Lagoon.
5. Visit Maya Bay, the beautiful location of the film ‘The Beach’.
6. Go snorkeling and look for sea turtles off the coast of Phi Phi.
7. Watch for dolphins at sunset (this one’s a bit hit and miss…there’s no promises you’ll actually see dolphins…we were just lucky!).
8. Kayak at Viking Cave, just off Koh Phi Phi.
9. Go to the Hippie Bar in Long Beach, Koh Phi Phi for some excellent drinks and live music.
10. Don’t ever leave.