I only spent 2 days in Vang Vieng, but those two days were some of the best on my travels so far…here’s some of my top tips on things to do if you’re ever on ‘Party Island’:
1. Stay at Banana Bungalows, it’s cheap and absolutely gorgeous. For only 60,000 Kip (about £5), you get your own little house on stilts, with a bathroom and a balcony!
2. Go tubing on the river…so much fun and a great way to top up your tan.
3. Eat at Banana restaurant…one of the few places where the wifi actually works. Also, if you’re staying at Banana Bungalows you get a free bucket drink and free coffee with your breakfast.
4. Drink out of a bucket…everywhere serves them, some are nicer than others but they all serve the same purpose!
5. Eat breakfast, lunch or dinner at one of the many many places that has multiple TVs, all playing out endless episodes of ‘Friends’…all day long!
6 – 10. Repeat numbers 1 – 5. Over and over again until you just can’t do it anymore and decide you have to move on to your next destination.