I’ve spent my entire life living in London, one of the greatest cities in the world (in my opinion, anyway), so of course I have my favourite things and places that I love to do or see or go to and I thought I’d share them with you…
1. Go to Covent Garden…with its shops, restaurants and, best of all, its street performers, there’s something to keep everyone entertained all day.
2. Visit Oxford Circus and shop until you drop.
3. Sit in a park, any park. Regents Park or Primrose Hill are two of my favourites. Walk around, play a game, have a picnic, just enjoy the space and the greenery.
4. Ride the Underground (or the ‘tube’). Whether you’re going a short distance or a bit further, the tube really is the best way to get around the city. And yes, it can get a bit hot and crowded at times, and ok, the fares can be pretty steep (so get an Oyster card…it’ll save you heaps), but it’s just something you gotta do if you’re ever in London.
5. Go to the theatre and see a play (or more preferably, a musical)…my favourite is Billy Elliot, but there are heaps of others out there…you’ll be spoiled for choice!
6. Go on the London Eye and see the city from a different perspective.
7. Spend a day going to all the art galleries – The National, The Tate etc etc…
8. Spend an afternoon on the Southbank, watching the skaters and street performers do their thing.
9. Go to London Zoo and hear the lions roar. Or if that’s not your thing there are bears and penguins and monkeys too.
10. Visit the (now pigeon-free) Trafalgar Square before wandering up to Leicester Square to catch a movie at one of the many cinemas there.