After being in Melbourne for about a week, I’ve found some pretty awesome things to see and do…here’s my top tips for one of my favorite ever cities…
1. Ride the city circle tram…it’s free and takes you all around the city, showing you the best sights and providing quick and easy transport.
2. Go to the ACMI and have a look around the Screen World exhibition…it’s incredible, full of film information and interactive displays, including one where you can recreate the slo-mo scene from The Matrix
3. Have a picnic in Batman Park…if you’re lucky you might see a few helicopters come in to land.
4. Go to Queen Victoria Market…it’s huge and sells pretty much anything you can think of.
5. Shop on and around Bourke Street.
6. Go to Healesville Sanctuary Wildlife Park and see all the native Australian animals, including Koalas and Kangaroos.
7. Go on the Neighbours tour…stand on Ramsay Street and see where Karl, Susan and all the gang live!
8. Go for Christmas and shop in the Boxing Day sales.
9. Visit St Kilda at sunset…you might even see some penguins!
10. Stay at Home @ the Mansion Hostel. With a great atmosphere and comfy beds, why would you go anywhere else?