Over the last few weeks I haven’t really stayed in one place for more than 3 days at a time, so haven’t had the chance to do 10 things in each location. To make up for it, here’s my top 10 list of things to do in northern Queensland, from Noosa to Mission Beach:
1. Stay at Gagaju Bush Camp and do their two day canoeing trip (Noosa).
2. Stay at Pippies Beachhouse and join their walk to Carlo Sandblow, a huge expanse of sand atop a big hill (Rainbow Beach).
3. Go to Fraser Island and drive around in a 4WD, taking in the sights such as Lake McKenzie and the Maheno Shipwreck (Fraser Island).
4. Stay at Beachside Backpackers 1770 (Agnes Water/1770)…they have free WiFi!
5. Have a three hour surfing lesson for just £17 (Agnes Water/1770).
6. Go to Airlie Beach and enjoy a dip in the very warm Lagoon.
7. Sail the Whitsundays with OZ Sail (choose the Avatar Trimaran…it’s amazing).
8. Stay at Civivc Guesthouse Backpackers Hostel…it’s clean, friendly and cheap! (Townsville).
9. Go to Magnetic Island. And stay at Base…there’s so many people about and so much going on, you’ll have a blast.
10. Rent a Topless Car for the afternoon…absolutely hilarious, and you’ll feel like a barbie! (Magnetic Island)