Last week we heard all about Amar’s awesome adventures around the world, and now it’s over to Danie, to tell us what she gets up to on her travels.
HI, CAN YOU INTRODUCE YOURSELF?
1. Name: Danie
2. Age: 27
3. Travel Blog: Like Riding A Bicycle
4. Twitter: @hitchnomad
5. Home Town: Edmonton, Canada
6. Current Location: Mexico City
7. Tell us a bit about where you are at the moment and what you’re doing there:
I’m currently chilling out in Mexico, one of my favourite countries. I love checking out different places every time I come, and have some cool pals in Mexico City to show me around, so just hanging out here really!
8. First ever travel experience:
Peru when I was 20 – it was my first time backpacking and my first time travelling alone. I fell madly in love with travel on that trip.
9. Where’s next in your travel plans?
I never really know until I’m there! I’ve been on the road for over three years straight, and still can’t seem to plan anything.
10. Give me the top 3 places you’ve visited and why:
Iceland, because the scenery is insanely beautiful and changes so much from place to place. Peru, because the people are absolutely amazing, and it’s where I fell in love with travel. Scotland, because it’s easy to hitchhike with gorgeous scenery!
11. What 5 countries do you want to visit that you haven’t yet been to?:
Papua New Guinea, Greece, Croatia, Indonesia, Argentina
12. If you could avoid going anywhere where would it be and why?:
I’d avoid India because it’s just way too crowded for me!
13. What are your top 5 travelling items?
My tent, my sleeping bag, my Osprey pack (how I love it so!), my external charger, and my bunny hat.
14. Best bit of advice you’ve ever been given:
“You can always leave.”
15. Worst advice?
“Don’t trust anyone.”
16. What do you miss most when you’re travelling?
That’s easy – my friends scattered throughout the world!
NOW FOR THE RANDOM QUESTIONS
17. Hostel, Hotel or other:
18. Favourite food from another country:
Papa a la huacaina from Peru
19. Favourite mode of transport (plane, train, bus, tuk tuk etc): Hitchhiking
All of the chocolate
21. Best travel app?:
22. Favourite travelling soundtrack/What are you listening to at the moment?:
Into the Wild Soundtrack
22. Favourite travel movie?:
23. Favourite travel book?:
Into the Wild
24. Thanks for taking the time to answer all these questions. Now please take a few lines to tell everyone about your website…
My site is a bit unusual to tell you the truth! I’ve been travelling for three and a half years straight, but I’m not really one to give you top ten lists or guides to certain countries. I prefer rather to share my own tales and thoughts on the road. I also have a section where I interview travelers with disabilities – whether mental or physical – which aims to inspire others to travel. I hitchhike a ton and earn money online, so you can also find tips and tricks for these things on my site.